Thursday, July 22, 2010

'Down Time"



Occasionally, people ask me, what do I do in my free time? Instead of answering that question, let's take a look at what everyone else does for fun... aside from everything else we do around the clock.

Robert found some stickers in the Funky Fruit box (another post to follow; here's a preview shot - and the flavor, surprisingly, is PEAR, despite the fact it is red - but as I said, just a teaser, as there's a lot more disturbing stuff to be said aabout this "Funky Fruit"), and - is it a consequence of jet lag, perhaps? - decided he would label the fruit with fruit stickers. We can now rest safely knowing that, if we forget that what we have in our hands is an orange, banana, pineapple (which, due to its large surface area, is at least triply-labeled to ensure we do see a label when we pick it up) or apple, we will be able to identify them to species level without any question, a privilege we rarely have as botanists. Definitely going to sleep better at night knowing that! :-)

On the other hand, this means my greatest fear is to wake up in the morning with an avocado in my hand (no sticker for those) with no idea of what it is or how it got there..... Wish me all luck.

Also, here's a photo of G + C (one of the many C's) being infinitely more productive knitting than Robert-the-Fruit-Labeler, or, for that matter, Colin-the-Bloggomaniac.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is, we have lots of fun here. There's still definitely a lot more for me to post, and I'll do it tomorrow - I have to get up either at 7:30 or 9:20 (it doesn't seem to be clear which yet). -C

No comments:

Post a Comment